Winter Faves

As always I spent my Sunday putting up horrible attempts at photoshop. It's come to the point where I don't start by thinking about subjects I want to write blogposts about, I just try to come up with posts that fit my photoshop fails. I guess it isn't a smart move to publish all of this photoshop failure, because I'm trying not to post stuff that I'm not completely sure of. Anyway, keeping a blog for 3 years and counting is a documented process of my adolescence, so I suppose posting these collages isn't going to affect any of you. (I swear I don't whine like this all the time)

So as I said earlier Winter is slowly coming to its end, making this the perfect time to write some last-minute Winter posts. I decided to go for on of my favourite kinds of posts: a flatlay compiling all of my favourite bits and bobs from the past few months. I like these flatlays because a) I can shoot them myself, so I don't have to go through the horribly embarrassing process of asking someone to take my picture while I try to make my face look as though I wasn't just singing Baby by Justin Bieber five minutes earlier, and b) I think it's nice to have a visually appealing pile of stuff I can take pictures of. Here we go, Winter Faves.


Wow, look at those very professional drawings I made. So BeAutIFUl, SUcH A MaSTerPIEcE. ToTEZ ARTiStiC. 

& OTHER STORIES SCENTED CANDLE

I got this candle for Christmas and it's one of the best scented candles I've ever had. It smells like a pine forest and the scent really fills my entire bedroom which is awesome. I have quite a few scented candles but none of them has the same level of sophistication scent-wise. It's also very visually appealing, so it immediately makes your nightstand look like you're an influencer while you're actually a huge dork who watches a lot of bad tv-shows.

IT - ALEXA CHUNG

I got this book as a gift and it's so lovely. It isn't a piece of high end literature or somethings but the layout and pictures are totally my style. This book has a chic sense of nonchalance, there's a very cool- laid-back attitude to it and it's exactly what I need right now. There's so much analog photography in here and it's honestly my favourite thing.

& PERLE DE COCO LIP BALM AND HAND CREAM

My lips tend to get extremely dry during Winter, and I have this habit of picking them when I'm bored. It's safe to say that my destroyed lips are reaching new levels of chapped-ness. I'm a lip balm freak (proof: I finished two tubes this Winter alone) so when Anna got me this coconut and caramel taste lip balm in a tin pot, I was extatic. The hand cream in the same scent is amazing as well. It honestly feels like you're lathering your hands in liquid comfort. & Other Stories is the best when it comes to beauty products, I swear.

JEWELLERY

Since my outfits tend to be quite boring during Winter, I try to spice up my look by adding some jewellery. I couldn't bother to invest in jewellery for the past few years, but since a few months I realised how much of a difference a good pair of earrings can make. I've been wearing this signet ring non stop lately. Earrings are a great addition to any outfit, and they divert attention from my horrible haircut right now, it's a win-win situation.
SNAKESKIN PURSE
I only got this bag at & Other Stories yesterday, but I'm already in love with it and it fit my other objects perfectly so shut up. The colour doesn't really show on screen but it's beautiful and it's the perfect size for a handbag. I love it. 



WHITE CHELSEA BOOTS

After having to walk through a 10 cm layer of snow for an hour in sneakers, I knew I had to get a pair of decent boots in which I wouldn't freeze my toes off/slip and fall on my butt with. This platform pair of chelsea boots rocks, and they had to be in this post because they're my savior this Winter.

See Ya


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten