NYFW faves

New York Fashion Week kicked off last week, providing us with a shitload of shows to follow through hundreds of influencer's instagram stories. As I obsessively scroll through the shows on the Vogue Runway app while trying not to let jealousy get the better of me, a few shows always get me really excited about FASHION.

For the past few years I've been documenting and sharing my favourite shows, so in tradition I will share my faves here. I always feel like these posts don't interest you, but then again, I write on this blog mostly for myself, SO SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT. (Sorry for that, I've been reading the Maze Runner trilogy for the past few days and I feel myself using Minho phrases every so often. Also, if you don't know The Maze Runner you should totally go read the books and watch the films right now because it will change your life forever.)

NOTE: I just got distracted and spent an hour scrolling through Maze Runner quotes on Tumblr, so I guess a warning is appropriate here: Read these series at your own risk, because you will not have a life anymore, I swear.

To be honest none of the NYFW have truly baffled me, which sucks because I was really hoping for a mind blowing show like Calvin Klein and Solace London last season. Anyway, there's still London and Paris fashion week to fulfill my fashion expectations.

CALVIN KLEIN

   

Ever since Raf Simons started at Calvin Klein he hasn't dissapointed. This collection was slightly more daring than his previous one, making this a very interesting show. I'm totally digging the wool hats. They're the ultimate accessory for people like me that are freezing 24/7. I guess the sheer printed dresses aren't ideal to fulfill my thermal needs (that sounds truly horrifying) but they make up for it by being SO PRETTY. Raf Simons kept his now signature western shirts though, which made me feel relieved because it's one of my favourite things about him moving to Clavin Klein. Also, have I mentioned that the ground was covered in popcorn? Freaking popcorn? Man, I'm really bummed I didn't get an invite. I guess drooling at my laptop screen will have to do it for now.

DION LEE

   

Dion Lee is definitely my fave collection so far, which is surprising because I never bothered to take a look at the collections before. There are some seriously futuristic vibes going on here, which I love, of course. Most looks featured these modern bra type things, that looked super badass. The colours were calming yet powerful. I was freaking out big time when I first saw the shoulder belt situation because I have been coining for them ever since seeing Leonardo Dicaprio wearing shoulder gun belt things in Romeo + Juliet. I actually have a crappy sketch from last year to prove that I was totally hoping for them to become a trend, and now it has happened. I will probably spend the next 6 months envying the influencers who start wearing these, then be totally pissed off when they become an actual trend. Sorry not Sorry I guess. Anyway, fave collection by far.

TIBI

  

Tibi is probably your favourite it girl's go to brand. I understand the recent Tibi craze, though. The last few collections have been amazing. As the fashion world shifts into a different mindset that prioritizes comfort (I'm all in on that idea, by the way), Tibi fits perfectly into this. Their clothes look like items people can actually wear day-to-day. I don't mean people who exclusively walk around pretty neighbourhoods and getting out of cars, but people who actually eat and ride bikes and take naps during the day. By the way cowboy boots are going to be EVERYWHERE this year. I'm crushing on these patent ones.

CREATURES OF COMFORT

  

Creatures Of Comfort has been on a roll the past few years and I'm totally on board. Every outfit looks really cool yet comfortable (well it should because it isn't called Creatures Of UNCOMFORT *badum tsss*), referencing to that comfort trend again here. I love the colour combo's. I think the pops of bright red combined with sandy brown, navy and light blue go really well together. Creatures Of Comfort always does a great job at layering, which is prominent in the first and second look. 

COACH

  

I've got to admit that I've never really understood the what the big deal about Coach was. I always felt like the looks were too heavy and not very innovative, which is why I've never bothered to take a better look when the collections come out. I remember saying it 'was like Gucci but only with more brown' in one of my previous posts, but I have to admit that the last two collections were pretty cool. I think the dresses and prints are epic, as well as the flowiness of the silhouets. It all came together to create this dark and dreamy vibe. Also, IRL Queen Anna Collins walked as a model in this show so I mean I had to mention it here.

SELF-PORTRAIT

  

I don't have much to say about this. Very on trend and cool come to mind when looking at this. I'm not crazy about this collection but on a visual level it's pretty nice.











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten